In my spare time, I often do some experiments, try to bring some ideas to life, or contribute to existing projects (some of them my own, others from other people). Not all of them see the light of the day, but each one of them is a step in my learning process and solidify my skills in different areas. Below, you can find some examples:

Past Projects


Using GPG is not an easy task for many non-tech savvy users. This often leads to people to sharing credentials and secrets through insecure channels, such as email, and leaving it there in plain text. Hawkpost was developed a few years ago to address that issue when very few alternatives existed.

The tool helps in situations where you want to receive certain information securely. You just need to generate a link, share it, then anything submitted on that URL is automatically encrypted (in the sender’s browser) and forwarded to your email.




Small web-based tool that parses PGP keys and displays their details. I built it because I regularly need to inspect different keys that are shared with me and don’t want to load them into my “keyring” just to look at one or two details.

More info can be found in this blog post.



Small Experiments


This little project was built to understand if it was possible to monitor what applications are accessing the clipboard on Linux. Currently, it only works with X11.

For more details about how it works and why it was built, I suggest taking a look at the original post: “Who keeps an eye on clipboard access?”.

A follow-up article, aimed at providing more control to the user, can be found here.

Source code:


RSS aggregator that builds a single web page and single feed, from multiple RSS sources. It can be used to easily build community pages based on the content produced by its members a published on their blogs/platforms.

A more detailed description can be found here. This project was awarded a swag box from CF developer challenge.



Small DDNS system that makes use of Cloudflare’s APIs and Workers. The main idea was to use workers to overcome the lack of granularity in the permissions one can set for API tokens.

A more detailed description can be found here.


Webhook Logger

This tool was developed as a small experiment for a blog post about working with “web sockets” on a Django project. Overall, it provided quick and useful functionality, so I kept it online for almost 4 years.

However, when Heroku announced the end of their free tier, I decided it was time to shut it down. The source is available on GitHub.



Building and maintaining a secure Content-Security-Policy for a website, where you don’t control the development or when the used tools insist on inserting on kinds of content inline, can be a tedious job.

To help with that task, I built a tool that can extract all the hashes from the HTML content, so they can be included in the CSP.


Bundlr’s Opera extension

When I was an Opera user, some web services that I used didn’t have an official extension to this browser, which made me waste screen space to add that functionality using bookmarklets.

Bundlr, a service that was shutdown long time ago, was one of them. So, I built an extension that used their bookmarklet. It was later the foundation for their official one.

Note: This project is no longer available


Other Contributions


This project, that was shutdown some time ago, intended to be a giant repository of short sounds (no more than a few seconds). These sounds could be used as reactions in on-line conversations or for any other purpose where Gifs are also used nowadays. To put it simply, it’s Giphy but for sounds.

In was interesting because it provided a whole new level of expression, specially during voice calls on Discord.

I’ve been part of the team on the initial days, but later I retired from the project.


Through my exploration of the cryptocurrency and blockchain world, I ended up working a bit with the NEO blockchain and developing some smart-contracts on that platform. For that purpose, I used the neo-python project and while working with it, I found some serious security related bugs and provided patches to solve them.